Wednesday, March 30, 2011

expansion.

Today was one of those days. Where everything is fighting against you, bringing up painful memories, showing you your worst qualities and demonstrating them in a way not even you can ignore. My whole world was fighting against me. With some help from my glorious Bishop, I am moving on. This day will not only be in my mind because it was a challenge, but also because I have accepted it. I have made plenty of mistakes in my lifetime, this I already knew; in the last few hours, it seems they have all been compounded and thrown into my face with a violence otherwise unprecedented. After the general upheaval ceased, and with many pointers from those I love, I am looking to learn instead of prove. This is what I have learned, or am in the process of learning.

I am not as strong, smart, or brave as I thought I should be.

However, that does not mean I am not strong, smart or brave.

In fact, I am all three. Not as much as I want to be, but I know where I'm at. And I am proud of how far I have come.

I do not have to prove myself to anyone. I know me. I know my limitations, and I know my strengths. Sometimes it takes a lot of work to realize my limitations, but I'm learning them. And that's what counts.

I can learn from my experiences, and that is what the last few months have been. I have finally accepted that.

I love my family, I love where I am, and I am learning to love myself.

Isn't life, great?

No comments:

Post a Comment