Sunday, December 5, 2010

teliferous.

Teliferous: bearing missiles. I think this might be one of my new favorite words, to be used most accurately during a vicious nerf war.

Other than that. Life is somewhat the same, here in Arizona. Sometimes it's harder than others, especially nights. The consistent pain that I am so used to, the lower back pain, is shifting. It's different now, and I know it means nothing but progress and good things. Let me tell you, though, it is really difficult to get used to. Two ibuprofen will knock me out at night for about four hours, until I wake up drowsy and drugged from pain. I took five last night. If you get anything from me today that makes no sense, that would be why.

I talked to my PT on Friday, asking the specific questions that most doctors expect but don't enjoy.

Q: Am I going to be able to go back in January to school? I have to go back, I'll do whatever it takes; but is it plausible?

A: I plan on getting you back. I know a few good PTs in Provo, that's where I trained while I was in school. I'll give you their information and everything when it is closer to your departure. As for what you'll be able to do, I'm not sure yet. I hope you don't have to go to PT as often there as you are here, but we'll figure it out as we go.

Q: Am I making any progress?

A: I believe you are. It's going to take a lot of work. The biggest problem we have right now is your general weakness. It's good, because we can condition them to do what we need them to, and to restrengthen them with your SI healing in mind. That was part of the problem before, your muscles would pull the hip into rotation pretty quickly on their own. It's quite easy for me to get it back in place now, because you are so loose. I shouldn't be able to do it three times a week, you see. Your muscles should be holding it in place better. So we have to build those up first, and then we can get you to be doing more normal things.


And that's the update, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment