Monday, December 27, 2010

tenacious.

THere is a massive list of things I do, I can do, and I can't do. It goes forever. Really. My PT gave me very specific things today that I can and can't do, with time frames, for now. If I put them here, maybe I will be more diligent in keeping them.
1. NO squats. Minimum of a year.
2. NO lunges. Minimum of a year.
3. No weights on the shoulders, meaning no shoulders presses and the like. with the exception of lat pulls, to be done on a machine only. Minimum of a year.
4. Continuous training. Wall sits, superman adaptations, quadriped, core strengthening, physio ball work, leg presses, hamstring curls, etc.
5. Most nirtulus machines are okay, but careful attention to hip and core strengthening.
6. Bench press and incline okay, with careful attention to not over do it and strain my back. Must do with knees up, feet on bench instead of floor.

That's just the beginning, but you get the idea.
So while there is a list, a long list of adventurous things that can and can't be undertaken, I know what I'm doing now. I know how to get my hip to stay in place, I know what it feels like when it isn't. This last year has been an adventure, in a way that I'm not sure I could handle again. But God is good, and He has never left my side. He has strengthened me through it all, and He has taught me humility and to care for myself in a new way. I'm super stoked to go back, even with all the things I will not be able to do. Six days. I can do it, I can become better. And you better believe I will, with the help and grace of God.
New year. New me. Healthier, smarter. Stronger.
It's a good idea, if you ask me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment